I don't really like bananas. I think it is a texture thing. I try to pick one up every once in awhile, but always fail to eat the entire thing. However, I love banana bread. I guess anything is better when it is hidden inside something amazing.
I found a super easy recipe. One that doesn't even call for a mixer. I doubled the recipe and now have breakfast for a long time to go.
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Directions1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mixed mashed bananas and butter in a large mixing bowl.
3) Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
4) Sprinkle in the baking soda and the salt.
5) Add flour and mix well.
Cook for 1 hour, yields one loaf.
I thought it tasted great. I didn't mash the bananas too fine, so there are big chunks in there. I also put a little extra vanilla just because I am a fan of the "imitation" vanilla flavoring. This has inspired me to try other breakfast creations: muffins, maybe scones.