Saturday, September 24, 2011

Tilapia Packets

The last time I tried to make fish, the meal (fish tacos) completely bombed and we ended up getting takeout.  It was one of my biggest meal failures, so I have to admit that I was scared to take on fish again.  However, we have a lot of fish at our house, so I had to pick myself up and try it again. 

This meal was a great weeknight meal.  It takes about five minutes to throw together in the bag and only twenty minutes to cook, so it was very convenient.

Tilapia Packets
adapted from Cook This, Not That (Halibut in a bag)
Ingredients:
Two tilapia fillets
1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts
1 tablespoon of artichoke juice
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped kalamata olives
1/2 medium yellow onion
1 lemon, half cut into thin slices, half cut into quarters
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
salt and black pepper

Directions:
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2) Take two large pieces of foil, place a fillet in the center of each.  Top fillet equally with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives, onion, and lemon slices. 
3) Drizzle each packed with the olive oil, artichoke juice, and wine and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4) Seal both packets so that they are completely sealed. And place on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes.  Serve with the remaining lemon wedges.



This meal was amazingly light and fresh.  I have to admit that I used the wrong olives and didn't care much for them at all.  I will definitely leave them out when I make this again.  I loved the artichoke, onion, and tomato combination though.  The dish had a great amount of acid for the piece of fish and just tasted moist and fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment