Thursday, December 1, 2011

Corn Casserole

I love recipes where you can just throw all the ingredients together and put them in a pan to bake.  Especially for side dishes because it gives you more attention to focus on other things...like the main dish, or cleaning up. 

I love corn and try to incorporate it into at least one meal a week.  This was a great addition to our side dish arsenal. 

Corn Casserole
from Skinnytaste
Ingredients
8.5 oz corn muffin mix
15.25 oz can sweet yellow corn, drained
14.75 oz can sweet corn cream style
16 oz fat free Greek yogurt
1/4 cup melted light butter 
1/2 cup egg whites
cooking spray

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Spread mixture into a greased 9 by 13 pan.
3) Cook 55-60 minutes.



This dish was so moist and flavorful.  I took it to a get together and everyone was surprised at how good it was.  I thought it had a great corn flavor that wasn't diluted by any of the other ingredients. Next time, I think I'll half the recipe since it makes an entire 9 by 13 pan, but it was a great side dish for our get together with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment