Thursday, December 8, 2011

Maple Dijon Salmon

I have started spending a lot of time looking at the Secret Recipe Club swaps and found this recipe listed under the reveals the other day.  My husband and I have a recipe that is pretty similar to this that we absolutely love, but in the interest of trying new things, I put it on our menu.

Maple Dijon Salmon
recipe from Sustainable Cooking for One
Ingredients
2 Salmon Filets
1 tablespoon Spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
small clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp dried marjoram

Directions
1)  Preheat oven to 400 F.
2)  Mix the mustards, maple syrup, garlic, and marjoram in small bowl.
3)  Place the salmon skin side down on a shallow pan covered in foil. Coat the top of the salmon in the mustard sauce, and bake for 15 minutes (adjust according to the thickness of your salmon fillets).




This dish was great.  I loved the two different mustard flavors in the sauce.  I don't know what grade of syrup we used, but it gave it just a hint of that maple flavor and the sweetness to cut through the mustard.  Before I sat down to start eating, Jacob declared this dish amazing, and I agree.  It is simple, but packs a lot of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment