Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Linguine with Clams

I decided to be a part of a recipe swap to add more new things to our menu.  Growing up, it seems like we lived off the same staples over and over again, and I think it is often fun to branch out.  Thought the recipe swap was a great place to start off. :)

This week was pasta week.  I made Linguine and Clams from Hezzi-D's food blog.

I have to admit that I don't cook with seafood that often and so when I saw this recipe in the swap e-mail, I was a little scared. 

But, I rounded up all of the ingredients and started cooking.  Halfway through the cooking process, the kitchen smelled so good.  I couldn't wait to eat it, and J made several comments about how good it smelled too.

When I served it, J examined it like it was a dish from a foreign country.  I just told him to eat it and not worry about the ingredients.  I sat down and swirled my first bite up onto my fork and was in pasta heaven when I put it in my mouth.  It tasted like something I'd expect to get at Olive Garden and the flavors were complex but not overwhelming.  It was such a great dish and so easy to make.  I'm excited to put this into my regularly made recipe list.

No comments:

Post a Comment