- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper, brown sugar and onion.
- Add tomato mixture.
- Cook egg noodles according to package; Drain.
- Add cream of chicken soup to egg noodles.
- Layer hamburger mixture and noodle Mixture in 9x12" Casserole with processed cheese between layers.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
It isn't healthy, and I'm not claiming that, but it is amazing nonetheless. My husband was skeptical, but ended up having three bowls, and I had to put the cover on the casserole dish and put it back in the fridge so that he would stop eating it. I would use the Kraft singles just for consistency. Our velveeta slices were a little inconsistant and even though it didn't affect the flavor, sometimes you mostly just got a bite of cheese.
This can easily be made ahead and frozen for a quick weeknight meal, you'd just have to adjust the cooking time.