Friday, July 29, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers

I have to admit that I watch a ton of Chopped on Food Network.  I always judge the people who are ingredient snobs on the show.  The people who are like, "I wouldn't feed this type of ingredient to my dog."  When I got Honey Baked Chicken from FaithCaitlin, I took a look at the French's mustard in the original recipe and automatically made a face.  And then I realized that I was being an ingredient snob, so I'd find a way to make this recipe work for me.  

I made Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers from the basis of this recipe.  Grilling the meat took a lot less time than baking it in the oven would have as well.

Ingredients
1 Container Button Mushrooms
1 White Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
2 Chicken Breasts

1/2 cup of honey
2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard
1 tablespoons of butter
salt

Cut all of the produce for the skewers.  Skewer all the ingredients that you want.   Heat the honey, the mustard, the butter, the salt on the stove.  Put the skewers on the grill and while everything is grilling, brush the honey mustard mixture over the skewer ingredients.  Grill until the chicken is cooked all the way through.

I have never just brushed a sauce onto meat on the grill, so I had doubts that the skewers would develop a lot of flavor.  But they tasted amazing.  The sauce complimented the grilled vegetables very well.   I'll definitely use this idea again.




No comments:

Post a Comment