Wednesday, November 16, 2011

BLT Pizzas

Weekdays are chaotic, and I just have dogs, not kids.  I have the best of intentions to get something fabulous on the table, but some nights it is all I can do to get sandwiches on the table.

I found this recipe and thought it would be super easy to throw together (almost as easy as sandwiches).  I made my own ranch dressing and got the dough for the crusts ready before running to the gym, so everything was super easy to get back together when I got back into the house.

BLT pizzas
adapted from JenniO
Ingredients
12 Turkey Bacon slices
1/3 cup ranch dressing
2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1 cup cheese
individual pizza crusts

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 450°F.  Bake the crusts alone (if using homemade crusts for about 7 minutes).
2) Cook bacon according to package directions.
3) Spread ranch on each pizza shell. Top with cheese, tomatoes, and cooked bacon slices. Place on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with lettuce.


I have to say that the dough, toppings ratio in this pizza were kind of off.  While we were eating, I ripped the crust off the pizza and just ate the topping part.  I thought it was a classic marriage of flavors on a pizza crust.  Definitely an easy meal for a chaotic weeknight.

No comments:

Post a Comment