This month's assignment was Love and Flour, written by LeAndra. I actually found my recipe by going and looking at things pinned from Love and Flour on Pinterest. It helped me focus my eyes onto this great Granola Cookie recipe. Please go check out all the delicious desserts on Love and Flour, and also check out her Oktoberfest series. All the recipes look delicious.
from Love and Flour
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups granola
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup dried cranberries or cherries
1) Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
2) Beat in the eggs and the vanilla until the mixture is well incorporated and smooth.
3) Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4) Now beat in the flour mixture until incorporated.
5) Stir in the granola, chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
6) Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes until golden brown along the edges and puffed in the centers.
8) Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I have this amazing cherry vanilla granola that I buy in stores and it worked perfectly for these cookies. I love cookies with little surprises in them and between the crunchiness of the granola, the sweetnes of the chocolate, and the tanginess of the cranberries, these cookes are the perfect balance of everything good in a cookie.
Please browse through all the other recipes made this month. I plan to cook a lot while my husband is gone to pass the time, so please check back if you have a chance.