Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cauliflower Puree

I ran across a head of cauliflower in the grocery store the other day and decided to buy it to make a side for the Lemon Pepper SalmonI remember my mom and I talking about how cauliflower puree tastes a lot like mashed potatoes, so I thought maybe it might be a good thing to try. 

Cauliflower Purée
adapted from Skinnytaste
Ingredients
1 medium head cauliflower, cut up into florets
1/3 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
1/3 cup Gruyere cheese

Directions
1) Steam or boil cauliflower and garlic until soft.
2) Drain and purée with a blender or a food processor.
3) Return cauliflower puree back to the pot, and add sour cream, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and Gruyere, and stir to combine.

The cauliflower puree turned out fantastic.  My husband even turned to me and said, "This cauliflower stuff is really good...", as if he had doubts that it would be.  When we were in the grocery store shopping for the next week's meals, he asked if I wanted to get more cauliflower and make the puree again.  So, there has been a lot of cauliflower puree on the menu.  The amount of seasonings really depend on your taste.  I kept a lot of the cauliflower taste and didn't use very much seasoning.  However, if you're trying to hide the fact that it is cauliflower, you could definitely season it with a heavier hand. 




No comments:

Post a Comment