Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Murshroom and Swiss Burgers

I once saw a quote that said, "Mushrooms and Swiss cheese go together, like peanut butter and jelly.  They are meant to be together."  

When meal planning this week, I had so many burgers that I wanted to try, but when I asked my husband, he said he wanted Mushroom and Swiss burgers.  Even though I wanted something "more adventurous", these burgers were amazing, and I don't regret putting them on the meal rotation this week.

Mushroom and Swiss burgers
adapted from Full Bellies, Happy Kids 
Ingredients

Patties
1 1/2 pound ground beef, formed into patties
salt
garlic powder
pepper
swiss cheese slices, or about 3 ounces of shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ white onion, sliced
5 sliced mushrooms, I used baby bellas
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 

Burgers
1 teaspoon mayonnaise, optional
Buns

Directions
1)      Season meat with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.  Preheat grill.
2)      Shred swiss cheese.
3)      Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the onions, mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce.  If the skillet becomes dry while sautéing the mushrooms and onions, add more Worcestershire sauce or olive oil until the mushrooms and onions reach desired doneness.
4)      Toast buns either under the broiler or on the grill. 



After eating these, you'll agree that this combination is just as good as the peanut butter and jelly one.


No comments:

Post a Comment