Monday, February 6, 2012

Lemon Pepper Salmon

I love participating in recipe swaps.  They provide such great meals for my husband and I to try.  The latest one I participated in was the Healthy Food Recipe Swap.  I liked my Grilled Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli, but when I saw this recipe for Lemon Pepper Salmon, I knew we'd have to try it.

The longer that I cook, the more I just skim recipes and assume I know how to make them.  I went to start this meal, and saw that it was supposed to marinate for awhile in the fridge.  We were both hungry so I just adapted the cooking instructions, and hoped everything turned out great. In the end, making this recipe makes me want to go back and try other of the healthy recipes from the recipe swap.  If you'd like to peruse the recipes from the swap, click here.

Lemon Pepper Salmon
adapted from Delicious Meliscious 
Ingredients
2 salmon filets, thawed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions: 
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Rinse fish and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine ingredients. Place the fish in a pan, and spread mixture on top of the salmon.
3) Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until thermometer reads 145 degrees.



I added quite a bit more lemon pepper seasoning than the original recipe called for.  I have to say we both really loved this recipe.  The lemon seasoning tastes fantastic on the salmon, and all the other ingredients support the enhance the salmon as well.  When I finished, I found myself wanting more because it was really awesome.  I can't wait until I can put this on the menu again.

1 comment:

  1. I loved how simple and delicious this was. I need to go back and make other recipes from the swap, too!

    ReplyDelete