Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Garlic Balsamic Pork Chops

I didn't eat a lot of pork chops before I got married.  It was one of those meats that I didn't really know what to do with, so I tried to avoid them in the grocery store.  However, my husband loves them, so I've tried to make an effort to throw them on the menu when I find a recipe for them.  When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect because I love recipes with vinegar in them and he loves pork chops.  Win-win situation at it's finest.

Garlic Balsamic Pork Chops
slightly adapted from Joyful Abode
Ingredients
4 pork chops
2 tablespoons Rosemary
Salt, to taste
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Mustard
1/4 cup Honey

Directions
1) Place pork chops in a ziploc bag and combine other ingredients to coat the pork chops.  Let mixture marinade for 2-3 hours.
2) Preheat grill and grill until done.  Or Cook meat in oil in a large pan over medium heat until done.
3) While pork chops are cooking, boil the marinade in a saucepan.  If it seems like not enough sauce, add more honey, mustard, and balsamic vinegar in the same ratio as the recipe (it should have the consistency of a salad dressing)
4) Once the sauce boils and the pork chops are done, pour the sauce over the meat.



My husband loved this sauce.  I served the pork chops over tortellini and he said the sauce would be great just on pasta.  I thought the pork chops were very flavorful and moist.  The garlic and balsamic vinegar made these pork chops amazing.  We'll definitely have to make these again this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment