Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Caesar Sliders

I love sliders.  When I eat a hamburger and all the sides, I end up so full, I usually crash on the couch for the rest of the day.  Sliders are the perfect alternative.  All the same toppings, just on a smaller bun, so what's not to love, right?

I somehow have got myself working out 6-7 days a week now.  Which is awesome, but makes dinners challenging sometimes.  Luckily I have a patient husband who is willing to wait for food, or even better sometimes help complete stuff so we can eat when I get home.  These sounded like the perfect meal for after working out, easy to put together, and into our hungry stomachs in not much time.  Plus, my husband helped out which made everything come together even faster.

Crockpot Chicken Caesar Sliders
slightly adapted from Becoming Betty
Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 carton of reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Caesar dressing
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper 

romaine lettuce, optional
slider buns or rolls


Directions
1) Place chicken in crock pot on low with the carton of chicken broth and garlic.  Cook 5-6 hours until done.  
2) Take out chicken and drain broth from crock pot.  
3) Shred chicken on cutting board and then put back in crock pot.  
4) Add dressing (as much as you like), Parmesan, parsley and pepper.  Mix well and cook for another 30-60 minutes.  
5) Toast the bread under the broiler for a few minutes until toasty.  Serve with lettuce and extra parmesan, if desired

These little sandwiches were awesome.  I will use a little less dressing next time, probably the amount the recipe calls for.  But they have such a great flavor.  The parsley really contributes a lot to the flavor profile too, which surprised me.  Perfect for a weekday dinner or even a weekend lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment