My husband and I really like goat cheese. Whenever we talk to people about it, they wrinkle their noses and talk about how it is so strong. So, we just eat it alone and talk amongst ourselves about what they are missing. Everything we've tried to date with goat cheese has been fantastic, so when I saw this meal, I thought it would be great. On Jessy's blog, she says this meal comes in at under 350 calories per serving, which makes it that much more of an amazing meal.
Chicken with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
barely adapted from Gourmet Day to Day, originally from Elly Says Opa
2 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
5 button sized baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup white cooking wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and drained, if they are oil-packed
2 ounces goat cheese
1) Sprinkle chicken breast halves with salt and pepper.
2) Heat skillet over medium heat and add oil.
When oil is hot, add chicken breasts. Cook through. Set aside and keep warm. Drain off excess oil.
3) In the same skillet, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add mushrooms, and saute for a minute.
4) Add wine and chicken broth. Increase heat to medium-high and cook liquids down until reduced by half, being sure to scrape up the browned bits from the chicken.
5) Add in sun-dried tomatoes and heat through.
6) Take skillet off the heat and stir in goat cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I have to say that this is hands down the best meal that I've made since my husband and I have been together. My husband said it was way better than he thought it would be. The sauce is so flavorful and everything works so well together that it is really hard not to lick all the residual sauce off your plate when it is done. If you love goat cheese, this must get put on your menu soon.