Monday, September 19, 2011

Bruschetta Chicken Pasta

We were eating at Applebee's a couple of weeks ago and my husband found a dish called Bruschetta Chicken Pasta.  I thought it looked amazing, but I still went towards my safe choice of a wrap.  Something I knew that Applebee's couldn't really mess up. 

I have been on the hunt for a knockoff recipe ever since that day though.  I found a recipes for TGI Friday's recipe for their Bruschetta Chicken but didn't find one for the Applebee's version.  So, I decided to improvise and make up my own version.

Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
adapted from Life With Elizabeth
Ingredients
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 fresh tomatoes, diced
3 Tbsp basil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt
pepper
fettucine
3 slices of mozzarella

Directions
1)  Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and let the mixture sit in the fridge for at least two hours.


2)  Grill or pan fry chicken.  Right before it is done, spoon some of tomato mixture onto each piece of chicken and topp with a piece of mozzarella.  Cook until the chicken is done and the cheese is melted.
3) While chicken is cooking, boil the pasta of your choice until it is done.  When it is done, mix some of the tomato mixture in it as well as some additional chunks of mozzarella.  Let the mixture and cheese heat up in the pasta. 
4) Serve the chicken over the pasta. 

This meal turned out a lot better than I thought it would.  The tomato mixture was amazing with the balsamic vinegar kick.  I think the whole mixture just worked really well together.  I think that putting the tomato mixture both on the chicken and in the pasta reinforces the flavors.  It could easily be served over pasta with tomato sauce as well, but I wouldn't put too much sauce on the pasta, it may detract from the chicken flavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment