Friday, September 23, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu Rollups

The theme for this recipe swap was tailgaiting/apps.  I received Chicken Cordon Bleu rollups, and when I told my husband he was super excited...but then never sat down to watch football during the entire time I had the recipe.

So the night before this was due I decided to get on it.  I felt like this recipe had a lot of areas for adaptation: rolling the ingredients in a tortilla and making those kind of rollups, making the cream of mushroom soup from scratch, or just messing around with the ingredients.  In the end, I just decided to keep it pretty simple and just alter a few of the ingredients. 

These are fast and don't take many ingredients though, which in my mind makes them great football food.  The longest part was cooking them and even that didn't take too long.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Rollups
adapted from The Cookaholic Wife
Ingredients
1 package chicken tenders
2 packages of prosciutto
8 oz. package Swiss cheese
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons milk
salt, pepper, and garlic

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450.
2. Spray a large baking dish or pan with non-stick spray.
3. Season the chicken tenders with salt, pepper, and garlic.
4. Wrap each chicken tender in a piece of Swiss cheese then wrap with prosciutto.
5. Bake the chicken tenders for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
6. In a small saucepan, add sour cream, cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup, and milk over medium low heat. Stir well until soup thins out and keep warm over low heat until chicken is done.
7. Drizzle cream of mushroom soup mixture over chicken cordon bleu roll ups.



I have never had prosciutto before, so I wasn't sure how these would turn out.  I thought that everything went well together.  The prosciutto turned really crispy in the oven and was great with the moist chicken tender.  The only thing that I found wrong was that I thought they were a tad salty.  If making them again, I'd just use pepper and garlic powder and skip the salting of the chicken.  I thought the sauce turned out great too.  Nice creamy component to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment