Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Parmesean Quinoa

Our town opened up a Natural Grocers awhile back but it is on the other side of town from where we grocery shop.  One day I asked Jacob if we could stop in there just to see what we could find.

I love visiting new grocery stores.  I think it is fun to see what they have to offer that the other grocery stores have.  Throughout the entire store, I'd yell, "Jacob, look at what they have!" and I'd get a semi-enthusiastic "That's awesome." or "That's nice." in return. 

Even though I found so many exciting things that I wanted to try, the only thing we walked out with that day was quinoa.  Which I was more than fine with, because I didn't think any place in our town carried quinoa, so I was excited to try something new.

I decided to pair it with the Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon that I made just because it felt like a proper fit.

Parmesean Quinoa
followed recipe from the back of the bag it came in
Ingredients
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup quinoa
2 pinches of shaved parmesean

Directions
1) Bring vegetable stock to a boil.  Reduce to low heat, and add quinoa.  Let simmer about 20 minutes.
2) Add parmesean and stir to mix thoroughly.



I have to admit, I thought it looked amazing when it was done.  I thought the beads looked really awesome, but Jacob said they looked like brains. 

I didn't really taste the parmesean shavings in there, but I still loved the taste, especially with the salmon.  If you want it really cheesy, just add and taste until the cheese level meets your expectations.
I will definitely eat this as a side again, and am now happy that I know where I can purchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment