Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thin Mint Brownies

The neighborhood I lived in when I first moved to Cheyenne had no kids that would play outside.  When I moved in with my husband, I found out that all the kids in Cheyenne actually live in his subdivision. Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but there are at least 30 kids that are outside playing on a daily basis.

I think that lots of kids signify a great healthy neighborhood, but it also means that there are constantly kids coming up to our door asking us to buy from their catalogs.  And I feel like I should buy from them all, hence why I ended up with this box of Thin Mints that I didn't need to consume on my own.  Solution: take them to work in brownie form.

Thin Mint Brownies
slightly adapted from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon mint extract
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 sleeve of Thin Mints, crushed with a rolling pin

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare and 8×8 baking pan.
2) Mix together chocolate, butter, and mint extract.  Add in sugar and eggs, and stir until well combined.
3) Add flour, salt and baking powder.  Mix until just combined.  Fold in crushed cookies.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Allow to cool completely before serving.

These brownies were incredible.  They were so easy to make and resulted in these great fudgy brownies that were next to impossible to keep your hands off of.  My coworkers loved them and they were devoured within a day.  Great treat to use up the extra girl scout cookies in the house.



1 comment:

  1. mmmmm...I love thin mint anything...I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete