Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Herb Mustard Pork Loin

Jacob loves pork.  I am constantly trying to find new pork recipes.  One day while clicking from one blog to another, meal planning, I found this recipe on Budget Bytes for Herb Mustard Pork Loin.  The thing that enticed me to make it was the creamy sauce that you put on top. We also love dijon mustard so I added extra in both the marinade and the sauce.  It was such an easy meal to make.

Herb Mustard Pork Loin
adapted from Budget Bytes

Ingredients
For the pork:
3/4 cup dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 cloves of garlic
1 handful parsley
1 pork tenderloin

Sauce:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 chicken bouillion cube
1/2 cup water
3 sprigs of thyme
3 tbsp Dijon
4 ounces sour cream

Directions 
1) In a bowl combine the mustard, olive oil, minced garlic, thyme and parsley. Stir it up good. Place the pork loin in a large dish, coat it with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least two hours (the more time it marinates, the more the flavor develops).

2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet or glass dish with nonstick spray and place the pork loin inside. Scoop up any marinade left in the bowl and paste it over the meat. Roast for about 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees (I am at altitude, so it took closer to 60 minutes).

3) In the last twenty minutes of the pork cooking, make the sauce. Saute garlic in a pan with some olive oil. Add the bouillon, water, 3 Tbsp of dijon and thyme. Let simmer for about 10 minutes (volume will reduce during this time). Turn off the heat then whisk in the sour cream. Season with fresh black pepper.

4) Let the pork rest for at least 5 minutes after you take it out of the oven to let the juices redistribute. Slice on an angle into medallion. Plate the medallions and spoon sauce over top.
*served with stuffing





Before I had even plated mine, I heard an "Oh my gosh, this is good" come from my husband in the living room.   He went back and finished off the pork tenderloin and the stuffing and exclaimed that we should have it again.  I loved the sauce, but he thought the sauce wasn't needed since the pork had so much flavor on its own.  Maybe next time I'll only make a little bit of the sauce for me, and he can just eat the pork. 

Definitely a successful meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment